🚨🚨Book Giveaway!! 📗Win an ebook copy of The Cardboard Sign: Laura’s View, Book #2. I will give away a copy to two winners ‼️ Contest ends Saturday, July 16, 2022 at 11:59 pm EST.
The Cardboard Sign: Kasey’s View, Book #1 is free for a limited time. This book can be downloaded for FREE on Apple, Barnes and Noble, and Kobo. If anyone can answer the question, what are the names of the twins in book 1? And include the answer under this post.
Send an email copy of the book download receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Last of the Firedrakes by Farah Oomerbhoy was quite the experience for me. I loved reading about the different worlds created in the book. The author’s use of imagery helped me visualize the magical world and all of its inhabitants. There were so many magical creatures that kept popping up as pleasant surprises. I always enjoy a story about a person that can overcome and can create/and or find a new sense of belonging. All in all, I enjoyed reading this month’s book club choice.
Below are some questions to spark a conversation about The Last of the Firedrakes. Comment and let us all know your thoughts surrounding each question.
Question #1 Which event in the story causes all the other events? Did the author do a good job building the suspense around the event?
Question #2 How does the main character change throughout the book?
Question #3 There are several nontraditional characters in the book. Which ones were you drawn to or which nontraditional characters were your favorite?
Question #4 If the book was written from another character’s point of view, who would it be? And why did you choose this particular character?
Question #5 There are several visual symbols described throughout the book. Think about one in particular. What does this symbol represent?
Question #6 How would you describe the author’s style of writing? Did you enjoy this style of writing?
Question #7 If you could ask the author one question about this book, what would you ask?
Question #8 If you were dropped off in the world of this book, how do you think you would fare? Whose side would you choose? Why?
Question #9 Which character would you invite for dinner and why?
Question #10 If you were making this book into a movie or a tv show, who would cast to play the lead roles?
Question #11 After reading book 1, will you continue to read the other two books in the trilogy? Will you recommend book 1 to others? Why or why not?
If you have any additional questions that you would like to ask the readers about The Last of the Firedrakes, leave them below in the comment section.
Thanks again for reading this month’s book club choice!
Welcome to the online discussion of The Conductors. Please share your initial thoughts below.
1) Was the term sigil familiar before reading The Conductors?
2) Discuss Hetty’s relationship with Benjy. How did it change by the end of the book?
3) Why do you believe the runaways disregarded their old lives once they made it to Philadelphia?
4) Hetty was a skilled seamstress. Everyone knew this. Discuss the comparison of Hetty working for the mistress versus working for Mrs. Harper.
5) The use of magic was widely used throughout the book. Do you believe the author insinuated magic was a medium historical runaways must have used to escape slavery?
6) Charlie Richardson was murdered. Who did you think was the killer? Did you guess correctly? How did you feel once the killer was revealed?
7) Discuss Eunice and Clarence’s relationship.
8) Alice was in search of her sister Judith. What was the dynamic of their relationship? Was Judith ever lost?
9) Isaac tried to bury Charlie using magic, but it was frowned upon. Why do you think the use of magic was not acceptable at this particular moment?
10) Throughout the book, Hetty never stopped searching for her sister, Esther. How did their discovery of one another bring the story into a full circle? How was their sisterly bond different from Alice and Judith’s bond?
Bonus Question) Thomas left abruptly, and Oliver left at the end. Discuss their relationship. Did you discover any hidden messages?
May: Hushabye by Celina Grace
1) How did you all enjoy the book. Discuss below.
2) Kate was the main character in the book. Describe her character development.
3) Who did you believe killed Dita and kidnapped Charlie?
4) Describe Nate’s relationship with Casey versus his relationship with Gemma.
5) Were you surprised with Gemma’s outcome, or did you predict it?
6) Kate was an overachiever. Discuss how her past shaped her future.